This week was spent working on a number of different marketing initiatives. One of the major jobs I have been tasked with is handling mailings which means putting together corporate packages and letters for individuals. The mailings have information regarding our 'Walk and Roll' event happening on June 5th at Castle Island. We are appealing for people to give donations or register to walk for the event. Putting mailings together is a laborious yet extremely important task. You have to put specific letters or pamphlets in designated places (this is especially the case for the corporate packages which have to be put together in a specific way). The letters to individuals are a little easier to put together as they usually only involve two to three letters or pamphlets. The pamphlets are placed at the back of the envelope with the letter to the individual towards the front of the letter. After I have stamped and labeled all of the letters I bring them to the post office. With corporate packages, I have been busy speaking to representatives from organizations such as Armstrong Ambulance Service and Cambridge Savings Bank about sponsorship and donations. I had a special case to work on this week with Armstrong Ambulance Service. Beyond sending a corporate package to Armstrong, I was also in negotiations with Boston EMS in order to allow an Armstrong ambulance to be present at our Walk event as an activity for kids to learn about what an ambulance is all about. In order to get this to work, I had to make a deal with Boston EMS that Armstrong would not be providing 911 service to the event and that only one ambulance would be present. Then I had to get Armstrong interested in donating an ambulance with my commitment to donate my time. All of this finally came together this week after about a month of negotiations and waiting.
This week I was tasked with creating a PSA for television and the UCP website. While much of the PSA is now polished down to an exact 15 second piece for the 'Walk and Roll' event, there was some difficulty that arose in how to integrate information for the walk with the UCP logo and walk logo. In order to do this, I am working with a graphic designer (also an intern at UCP) to create a new logo for the walk that combines the UCP of MetroBoston logo with the 'Walk and Roll' logo and incorporates the date of the event with contact information.
Going along with the PSA idea, there was an idea floated around about putting the Walk up on Facebook in order to attract more people and get a more accurate listing of potential walkers and donors. I was tasked with creating the Facebook page and event for UCP of MetroBoston.
No comments:
Post a Comment